The main event of the day, artists are invited to create their own drawings of Clitheroe, creating artworks around the town throughout the day. The historic town is filled with fascinating courtyards, shops, people, streets, and buildings destined to inspire the artists who will capture the town in their own style and technique. We welcome residents and visitors to enjoy watching the different artists at work and encourage anyone to join in whether they are professional, amateur or novice artists.
Terms & Conditions
- Artists must register to take part prior to the event by downloading a registration form and emailing it to email@example.com On the day pick up your Draw Clitheroe sticker from Platform Gallery & Visitor Information Centre, Station Road OR Clitheroe Castle Gate Entrance, event info. point and away you go.
- Artists can choose to work from any area on the town centre map, moving around throughout the day to create as many artworks as they choose. They can use any medium, in any size but there must be an element of drawing in the piece. If you would like to work indoors be sure to ask permission before the event.
- At the end of the event each artist will be able to submit one piece into the Draw Clitheroe Exhibition which will feature in Clitheroe shop windows from 13 August – 4 September 2022. All exhibition pieces need to be dropped off at the Platform Gallery by 4pm Wednesday 10th (Platform Gallery open hours Sat 6th 10 – 5, Sun 7th 11-4, Mon 8th 10 – 4.30, Tues 9th 10 – 4.30, Wed 10th 10 – 4.30). The exhibition pieces need to be of a reasonable level of presentation to be able to be displayed in the shop windows, this may require the artists to back / mount / frame their piece at their expense.
- A guest judging panel will select 3 best in show artworks that will be announced at the launch of the exhibition on Saturday 13th During the exhibition the public will be able to view all the pieces, enjoy a day out in Clitheroe’s fabulous shops and eateries and vote for their favourite artwork in the Peoples Prize Vote. Voting will also take place on social media. The winners of the Peoples Prize will be announced on Saturday the 27th August.
- This is an open-air event and artists must come to the event appropriately prepared for the weather conditions on the day.
- The event organisers will make the decision as to whether the event goes ahead in the event of bad weather conditions. Should the event organisers determine that the event is to be cancelled they will use reasonable endeavours to contact participants but will not be responsible for any costs or expenses incurred as a result of cancellation.
- All artist participants are responsible for their own health, safety and welfare during the event.
- All artist participants must accept being filmed and photographed throughout the event. Images and reproductions of both artist participants and their work may be used for the reporting and promotion of the 2022 and future Draw Clitheroe events across all media.
- All artist participants agree to images of their completed works being used in the production of event marketing and merchandise, in whatever form. All artists accept that no fee will be paid for this use.
- All artwork to be collected after the exhibition from the Platform Gallery between the 6 – 10th Unfortunately, any uncollected work will have to be disposed of.
- By registering to participate, I, the artist, understand and agree to abide by the rules of the event. I am entering into this exhibition at my own risk.
- Draw Clitheroe, its organisers or representatives will not be responsible for any injury or damage to me, those with me, my belongings, or my artwork at any time during this event.
- Most importantly, enjoy yourself, learn, create, express, and share you will only feel better for it.